We are currently seeking Work Planners/Consulting Utility Foresters to join our team. We are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors and value the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the rewards of a challenging profession, consider a career in vegetation management (VM) with ECI. Daily travel required and potential for overnight travel +/- 10% throughout the Greater Chicago area.
During these uncertain times, you can take pride in knowing you are an essential employee. Our team members work independently in an outdoor environment and follow all CDC recommended guidelines and company safety protocols relevant to COVID-19.
This position is eligible for a $1,000 sign-on bonus!
Minimum payrate is $17.50/hour. (Payrate information provided is just that –minimum payrate. Actual offered payrate will depend on experience, skills, education and certifications).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, effective Day 1 for full time team members.
- 401K eligibility.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Leave.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Utilize a work management software to plan all VM work on construction and other capital projects including customer notifications.
- Communicate scope of planned project information to vegetation vendors.
- Oversee execution of vegetation work.
- Conduct quality audits on completed work.
- Report project issues incurred in the field to ECI Supervisor.
- Meet with vendor supervisors and General Foremen to discuss project updates, areas of concern.
- Provide high level man hour estimates which will translate to cost estimates.
- Resolve refusals and property issues.
- Field meetings with construction and environmental personnel when needed.
- Coordinate VM work with access and construction matting crews when needed.
- Provide updates on general or technical specifications to ECI Supervisor when needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Must have a degree in Forestry or related field OR a minimum 2 years of UVM related experience.
- Must be able to read maps and identify tree species.
- Must be able to identify required removal and trimming work in accordance with utility maintenance specifications.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Familiarity with tree growth rates, tree response to injury, and hazardous tree conditions preferred.
- Familiarity with vegetation removal, utility line clearance, and utility vegetation methods and equipment is preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.