We are currently seeking a Transmission Work Planner to join our team. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Transmission Work Planner is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients. Successful candidate will report directly to utility UVM supervisor.
This position is eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/VOYA/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist the Vegetation Supervisor with aerial patrols.
- Patrol all assigned 138kV corridors on the ground.
- Perform all assigned Off Right of Way Hazard Tree Patrols (OHT).
- Handle customer complaints related to scheduled trimming/removals and/or completed trimming/removals, including clean up and property damage.
- Record, organize, and document associated vegetation work for later trimming and removal by a tree crew.
- Provide identified access routes onto and in ROW.
- Apply spot herbicide treatments, as determined by workload and cost.
- Support aerial saw cutting operations.
- Operate system forestry computer programs and record systems.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Ability to identify tree species, especially at shrub size or with leaf-off.
- Ability to use GIS software for work entry.
- Must be able to identify required removal and trimming work based off utility specifications.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Have or obtain Pesticide Applicator’s License within 60 days of hire.
- ISA Arborist certification or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or related field is plus, but not required.
- 1-3 years prior UVM and utility experience on transmissions ROW preferred.
- Familiarity with vegetation removal, utility line clearance, and utility vegetation methods and equipment.
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.